Cosmetic Light Therapy
Our skin has the ability to absorb and utilize Light which results in a therapeutic response. Light therapy uses specific color wavelengths to penetrate different levels of the skin, providing a wide range of benefits.
The light energizes cells to produce collagen, improve circulation, kill acne-causing bacteria, and often eliminate fine lines. Your skin gains a more youthful appearance by becoming clearer and more radiant.
How Does It Work?
First, our skin absorbs the light and then it is converted into ATP (cellular fuel). The newly energized cells multiply rapidly due to increased RNA and DNA activity, not unlike the cells in young skin, thus providing healthful and beautifying benefits such as:
- Increased fibroblast activity for increased collagen, elastin and keratin protein production (multiple anti-aging benefits)
- The release of nitric oxide (anti-inflammation, anti-pain, and healing benefits)
- Increased circulation (rejuvenating and revitalizing benefits)
What Colors Will Be Used In My Cosmetic Light Therapy Session?
- Red: Combats wrinkles, increases circulation and is rejuvenating
- Blue: Eliminates acne and bacteria causing acne, is soothing, cooling and nourishing
- Infrared: Has the deepest penetration and is the most important frequency in the production of collagen, the essential protein to prevent and eliminate fine lines and wrinkles.
Combining Acupuncture and Light Therapy for Anti-Aging Benefits
The first person to combine these two potent modalities was Amanda Shayle of Acuregen Ltd., in London. Due to unique size of her Thrive Intradermal needles, the application of the LED Light Therapy pads over the needles enhance the benefits of both. We have already seen remarkable results with either of these stand alone therapies. By combining the intradermal needles with Light, we can shorten the treatment time and dramatically enhance the results.
Additionally, clients are able to utilize the Cosmetic Light Therapy mask (either rent or buy) in their very own home. This supports the body to self-repair in between clinical visits and reduces number of visits to the clinic. For more information about Thrive by Acuregen Intradermal Cosmetic Acupuncture Needles, please visit: www.acuregen.co.uk for information on their international distributer network or contact Ewan Urquhart.