Fertility and Virility
How Light Therapy can Enhance Your Fertility
Light Therapy (or Light Emitting Diode Therapy/LED) is very effective, non-abrasive, non-invasive, and restorative. Light therapy has been established as a useful tool to:
- Increase vascularity (circulation) by increasing the formation of new capillaries, which are additional blood vessels that replace damaged ones. New capillaries speed up the healing process by carrying more oxygen as well as more nutrients needed for healing and they can also carry more waste products away. This can be an essential component in establishing the groundwork for your Fertility, especially if you have endometrial lining issues (i.e., thin lining)
- Stimulate the production of collagen: Collagen is the most common protein found in the body. Collagen is the essential protein used to repair damaged tissue and to replace old tissue. It is the substance that holds cells together and has a high degree of elasticity. By increasing collagen production less scar tissue is formed at the damaged site. There are studies proving that the protein of collagen may be an essential nutrient for the ligaments that support your uterus. If you have any prolapse concerns, collagen induction may help you reverse this pattern.
- Stimulate the release of adenosine triphosphate (ATP): ATP is the major carrier of energy to all cells. Increases in ATP allow cells to accept nutrients faster and get rid of waste products faster by increasing the energy level in the cell. All food turns into ATP before the cells utilize it. ATP provides the chemical energy that drives the chemical reaction of the cell. Increased ATP will support your Fertility by giving you the cellular energy you need to maintain a healthy pregnancy. Lack of energy can be a contributing factor to re-curring miscarriage and may be an underlying cause of chronic inflammation and immune disorders.
- Increase lymphatic system activity: Oedema, which is the swelling or natural splinting process of the body, has two basic components. The first is a liquid part, which can be evacuated by the blood system, and the second is comprised of the proteins that have to be evacuated by the lymphatic system. Research has shown that the lymph vessel diameter and the flow of the lymph system can be doubled with the use of light therapy. The venous diameter and the arterial diameters can also be increased. This means that both parts of oedema (liquid and protein) can be evacuated at a much faster rate to relieve swelling. A well function lymphatic system is an essential part of your Fertility. A sluggish lymphatic system may contribute to chronic inflammation and immune disorders.
- Reduce the excitability of nervous tissue: The photons of light energy enter the body as negative ions. This calls upon the body to send positive ions, like calcium among others, to go to the area being treated. These ions assist in firing the nerves thereby relieving pain. This may assist you in your Fertility especially during when post IVF transfer you want a calm, assimilating environment for implantation. The combination of this calming aspect, as well as the formation of new capillaries, may prove to be revolution ally in the integrative aspect of ART.
Light Therapy and ART:
Why use Light Pre and Post IVF Transfer?
Because Light therapy has been established as a useful tool to increase vascularity (circulation) via nitric oxide release which promotes angiogenesis; formation of new capillaries, that can replace damaged ones. New capillaries can bring in a greater amount of blood flow which can assist in a more rapid healing response. They allow more oxygen and nutrient delivery as well as increased removal of waste products, producing a greater healing response. An IVF transfer can be considered an “invasive” procedure and this may help ensure implantation.
Light therapy can also stimulate the production of collagen. Collagen is the most common protein found in the body and is the essential protein used to repair damaged tissue and expired tissue. It is the substance that holds cells together and has a high degree of elasticity.